• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Seeking Feedback from Female Anime Fans: Creating an Inclusive Environment in Our Club

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
devil2

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 5:26 am Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

I'm reaching out to the female anime fans in this community for some feedback on a topic that's important for creating inclusive and respectful spaces for all anime enthusiasts in my community.

after receiving advice from my psychologist, I recently started an Anime and Video Gaming club in our community. As we continue to grow our club, I've been considering the types of content we watch together to ensure that everyone feels comfortable and respected during our viewing sessions.

One aspect I'm particularly interested in is the portrayal of female characters in certain anime. I'd like to hear your thoughts on watching anime that may contain ecchi scenes or themes that could be perceived as sexualized, especially when there are both men and women present. For example, how do you feel about watching episodes like episode 5 of Evangelion, the first episode of Sakurasou, or episode 22 of Code Geass? These scenes are not focused on nudity; rather, they contribute to character development and storyline progression. or if there is a rape scene like Goblin Slayer?

or, how do feel about watching all-girls anime like K-on or Gochuumon wa Usagi desu ka where there is a Beach/Swiming poll episode in a mixed-gender setting?
Additionally, what are your thoughts on watching harem anime like Kanojo, Okarishimasu, The Quintessential Quintuplets, Nisekoi, Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai, Kanojo mo Kanojo, etc., when both men and women are present?
or what do you think if a man told you that his favorite anime is Fairy Tail or Shokugeki no Soma?

Of course, I want to assure you that I am committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment in our club. I will completely avoid watching ecchi anime with complete nudity for no reason during our club meetings.

Your perspectives and experiences are valuable in helping me understand how to achieve this goal. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and insights!

Best regards,
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1